Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the directory structure of projects in mcuxpresso

Jump to solution
patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

I am just getting started with mcuxpresso and the IMXRT1060 EVK. I think this is a terrific processor and I'm quite happy with it, but I'm a little bit confused with the directory structure for SDK examples. I find them very fragmented and not well organized. What is the logic behind this structure? For instance, if we take a look at the codec example, it seems to be unnecessarily complex and difficult to follow, with lots of driver layers.

Maybe I am missing something, I will appreciate your comment on this.

Is there a way I can reorganize directory tree for new projects with a cleaner structure? For me it's very important to have all my projects source codee organized and easy to understand.

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Patricio

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patricio,

you are free to use any directory structure you like.

The only thing you have to consider is that the configuration tools expect for example the clock connfiguration a file clock_config.c, so better do not rename the files.

And if you add/remove SDK component files, they are expected for example in the 'drivers' folder.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Patricio,

you are free to use any directory structure you like.

The only thing you have to consider is that the configuration tools expect for example the clock connfiguration a file clock_config.c, so better do not rename the files.

And if you add/remove SDK component files, they are expected for example in the 'drivers' folder.

I hope this helps,

Erich

patriciocohen
Contributor IV

Thank you Erich.