MML09212HT1 evaluation board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MML09212HT1 evaluation board

msalehi
Contributor I

I have made an evaluation board on FR4 to see the performance of the MML09212HT1.

However this doesn't work. It seems the output matching is not working well aND im gEttinger around -8db.. What are the Z1 and Z2 in the schematic and how much they are critical in the performance?

I tried to find the information for layout/schematic on the website. There is no information for the pcb board such as board thickness. Could you please advise?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

LPP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Substrate dielectric permittivity and thickness is critical. The width input/output traces is set to provide 50 Ohm impedance.

Datasheet specifies substrate RO4350B, Dk=3.48, the thickness is 10mil top dielectric layer. Three dielectric layers with total thickness of 32 mils.

Typical FR-4 has Dk=4.8. You can use the same layout as in the datasheet but the top dielectric layer thickness should be 12.3 mils (small variations possible, 12mils).
Have a great day,

Pavel
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos