cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K state LIN sleep/wake-up issues

veronica
Contributor I

Hello,

We are using a S32K board as a LIN master and are having some trouble with the go_to_sleep and wake-up messages. Firstly, when the go to sleep command is issued ( we are using l_ifc_goto_sleep() function from provided SDK), the master LIN node doesn't actually go into LIN_NODE_STATE_SLEEP_MODE as it should. The lin_update_tx service does get triggered, but puts the node directly into IDLE state, instead of sleep. For the sake of testing, I have manually called the set low power mode function; when a slave issues a wake-up call, the interrupt gets triggered on the master, but the node remains in SLEEP state. It seems that while the LIN_LPUART_DRV_CheckWakeupSignal() function is reached, because when the LIN master is in sleep state/low power the polarity of the receive data is false, the actual check if the received signal is a wake-up does not get performed. The LIN slaves in this configuration are from the S12 MagniV microcontrollers family.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello veronica@etergo.com‌,

On this community we handle question regarding MATLAB/Simulink and our toolboxes. Your question is more suitable to the S32K community, so I advise you to ask it there.

Do you know that the SDK provides both a LIN Stack (the one that you are using) and a LIN driver? For more information you can read the documentation (found in {ROOT_DIR}/doc/Start_here.html). They also provide examples for both; you can import those examples into S32 Design Studio. They can be found in

• S32K1xx RTM SDK v3.0.0 (or other version that you are using) -> S32K144 -> demo_apps -> lin_master_s32k144 [LIN stack example]
  • S32K1xx RTM SDK v3.0.0 (or other version that you are using) -> S32K144 -> driver_examples -> communication -> lin_master_baremetal_s32k144 [LIN driver example]

Kind regards,

Razvan.

0 Kudos

veronica
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and hints. I will also post the question in the appropriate forum.

Kind regards,

Veronica

0 Kudos