cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW36 HID:Gap_ReadWhiteListSize always returns 0x1A

Jump to solution
skalyan2
Contributor IV

In Hid device example, i am clearing whitelist using Gap_ClearWhiteList and in the corresponding gWhiteListCleared_c generic event,i call Gap_ReadWhiteListSize() function and i check the value of "pGenericEvent->eventData.whiteListSize" in gWhiteListSizeRead_c,which is always returning 0x1A.

The issue can be reproduced also when testing HCI_LE_Read_White_List_Size in Connectivity test tool( have attached the image).

Hci_Le_read_white_list_size_returns_1A.JPG

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sai, I hope you're doing well!

The Bluetooth LE 4.2 Specification establishes that the "LE Read White List Size Command" returns two parameters, the first one being the status of the command (either it succeeded and returns 0x0, or it failed, returning any other value), and the size of the whitelist (which depends on how many entries the controller can store in its whitelist, which in this case is 0x1A).

pastedImage_2.png

You can read more information about HCI commands and the BLE 4.2 Core Specification in the Bluetooth website, here.

If you have any more questions about HCI commands, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sai, I hope you're doing well!

The Bluetooth LE 4.2 Specification establishes that the "LE Read White List Size Command" returns two parameters, the first one being the status of the command (either it succeeded and returns 0x0, or it failed, returning any other value), and the size of the whitelist (which depends on how many entries the controller can store in its whitelist, which in this case is 0x1A).

pastedImage_2.png

You can read more information about HCI commands and the BLE 4.2 Core Specification in the Bluetooth website, here.

If you have any more questions about HCI commands, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian