Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1042D4RDB bare-board project

Jump to solution
erpay
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a T1042D4RDB-PA board. I want to run a bare-board program on it but I am new to PPC concept. I create a bare-board project on codewarrior and load it to RAM via u-boot using tftp etc. But when I try to boot it, it always crashes. 

What should I do ? Is there any other toolchain for this ? 

I want to hear every advice,

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
erpay
Contributor II

Hi, we solve the problem by removing all files that have some kind of dependence.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"Bare-board" project assumes the board is "bare" (does not have any initialization software), connected to CodeWarrior via debugger connection, used to debug the project. In case of U-boot, the board is not "bare", because some board initialization steps are done already by U-boot. The U-boot may be used to run binary application, however. The most probable reason, why application may crash - is an access to invalid memory location. For example, your application expects CCSR memory space has one offset, but this offset was changed by U-boot. This result to bus error when trying to access memory-mapped device register.

For example, the following topic discusses similar issue:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/448107

0 Kudos
erpay
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, now I understand what I need is standalone program after u-boot process. So what are my choices ? I see there is a standalone part in u-boot is there another alternative for standalone ? Can I do it with code warrior, ELDK or something ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

By default, CodeWarrior produces standalone project.

0 Kudos
erpay
Contributor II

I compile an elf file with CW for the board and load it. But when I try to run it with bootlelf it crashes. Where should I start to solve this problem ?

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure CCSR address space offset is correct. Please see my first reply to this topic for more details.

0 Kudos
erpay
Contributor II

Hi, we solve the problem by removing all files that have some kind of dependence.

0 Kudos