cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board in Reset after Power ON

shiv_aishwarya
Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

I am bringing up my board which uses mkv46f128vll16. When I am programming my code runs correctly but after Power On device remains in reset. Below is the probed waveform of RESET Pin. 

IMG_20190625_205003997.jpg

I also Probed RESET when FLASH is Erased which seems to be fine.

IMG_20190625_204838191.jpg

Debugger: Multilink Universal

IDE: MCUXPRESSO

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shiv Aishwarya,

Please refer: How To Sucessfully Program a Custom made Kinetis Microcontroller Board.
Since you are using the MCUXpresso IDE, step8 be replaced by resurrect locked Kinetis device in GUI Flash Tool.

GUI Flash Tool extended for P&E and SEGGER

The GUI Flash Tool previously was only for the LinkServer (or LPC-Link2) connections.

GUI Flash Tool

GUI Flash Tool

Now it supports all debug probe connections, including P&E and SEGGER, and I can program, erase or even resurrect a ‘bricked’ Kinetis device:

LinkServer GUI Flash Tool

LinkServer GUI Flash Tool

PEMicro GUI Flash Tool

PEMicro GUI Flash Tool

Segger GUI Flash Tool

Segger GUI Flash Tool

Using the toolbar icon is probably the most convenient way to use the GUI Flash Programmer, it is possible to run it from the debugger launch configuration too:

Running GUI Flash Programmer from Launch Configuration

Running GUI Flash Programmer from Launch Configuration

The operation executed is logged in the Console View:

GUI Flash Tool Console Output

GUI Flash Tool Console Output

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos