Error related to Route

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error related to Route

trungkstn
Contributor I

When i test a router, i get error ZPS_NWK_ENUM_ROUTE_DISCOVERY_FAILED. Currently, I used JN5169, SW4170 built 1840. Any solution to solve this error.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

trungkstn
Contributor I

Thank for reply

I want to create this error to find solution. So that, we create the worse conditions, create bug to test network. 

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trung,

I think I understand what you're trying to do.

The behavior you're describing is intended, as the devices are really far away and can't see the coordinator, but if at least one of the routers is in range of the coordinator, the second device can connect to the first device and still be part of the same network.

When both of the devices get in range, if they're looking to connect and the parent allows it, then they both should be able to also join the network.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

trungkstn
Contributor I

Hi, Thank for reply. I have some question

"the parent allows it"

How to do that?

When I get 0xD0, your stack will send Route Request when I send any Attribute Report. But some case Coordinator don't have Route Response. You can see my attach file.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trung,

For a device to connect to the network, the trust center has to allow it to join, either by sending a Permit Join message with the value FFFC (this means that any device will be able to join for a determined amount of time), or by sending the Permit Join message with the parent's short address as the value.

You can check more about broadcast addresses in section 8.3 of this document.

This way, you can set the parent to allow other devices to join the network.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

trungkstn
Contributor I

Thank Sebastian.

I will describe detail my case.

I use coordinator (USB dongle) + 2 router (module JN5169). Step by step as below

1. 2 router join coordinator.

2. Move 2 router to long distance far from coordinator (with our case about 15m)

3. Both 2 router have event ZPS_NWK_ENUM_ROUTE_DISCOVERY_FAILED

4. We implement BDB_vRejoinCycle(FALSE) when router get ZPS_NWK_ENUM_ROUTE_DISCOVERY_FAILED.

5. I log 1st router and see event: ZPS_EVENT_NWK_NEW_NODE_HAS_JOINED. I think 2nd router join 1sd rputer. After that with 2nd router, I also see event: ZPS_EVENT_NWK_NEW_NODE_HAS_JOINED. It seem 2 router join together.

6. Move 2 routers to near coordinator then 2 router don't send report attribute to router and router also can't send comand to router.

7. If 1st turn off, then 2 nd router get step 3 and 4. Then 2nd router rejoin coordinator. After power up 1st router, it will be rejoin 2nd or coordinator.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trung,

The problems you're having could be related to the quality of the channel you're using, maybe one device is interfering with the frequency used, or could also be attributed to physical interference, like walls for example.

Could you try creating a network on another channel? Or changing the test environment to reduce possible interference causes?

In step 7, you say that the 2nd router can connect to the coordinator, and the 1st router can connect to the second router, this is because the distance for the connection from router 1 to router 2 is shorter, and maybe doesn't have any direct interference.

Please let me know of your results.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

trungkstn
Contributor I

I get this issue in case of testing with long distance. When i try to send BASIC MODEL ID to coordinator for testing distance.

We're using our project base on AN1217 and using chip JN5169 and USB dongle.

Beside, when I rejoin network, If we don't have coordinator then what happen if all router implement rejoin function?

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trung,

How much distance between devices are you working with? When trying to work with long distances, a lot of factors start to affect the performance of the links, and may not allow the coordinator's route discovery to work as well as it should.

When the devices are closer, can the route discovery be completed successfully?

Regarding your second question:

If the network's coordinator is the trust center and it's not connected to the network, the router devices won't be able to join the network. However, if any other device on the network is assigned as the trust center and it's currently connected to the network, the devices will be able to join the network even without a coordinator device.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Trung, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please give me more information about your issue?

Which application note are you using?

When does this error happen, what is the coordinator trying to do?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos