FTM for variable pulse widths

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTM for variable pulse widths

JBM
Contributor IV

I am trying to get the FTM module to allow me to create a chain of pulses on a GPIO with varying widths -- all with 50% duty cycle and then turn the FTM module off at the end of the train of pulses.  I thought I could change the MOD and CnV values in the interrupt, but it doesn't seem to work.  Here is the FTM configuration:

ftm_data.data = 0xAAAA;
ftm_data.mask = 0x8000;

// Turn on
SIM_SCGC3 |= SIM_SCGC3_FTM3_MASK;
PORTD_PCR3 = PORT_PCR_MUX(GPIO_PCR_MUX_ALT4) | PORT_PCR_DSE_MASK;

FTM3_MODE |= FTM_MODE_WPDIS_MASK;
FTM3_SC = 0x0;
FTM3_CONF = 0x0;
FTM3_CNT = 0x0;
FTM3_C3SC = FTM_CnSC_MSA(0x1) | FTM_CnSC_ELSA(1) | FTM_CnSC_ELSB(0);
FTM3_MOD = FTM_PERIOD_START;
FTM3_C3V = FTM3_MOD/2;
FTM3_SC = FTM_SC_CLKS(0x1) | FTM_SC_PS(0x0) | FTM_SC_TOIE_MASK;

enable_irq(FTM3_IRQn);

Here is the interrupt:

void FTM3_IRQHandler(void)
{
   if (FTM3_SC & FTM_SC_TOF_MASK)
   {
      FTM3_SC &= ~FTM_SC_TOF_MASK;
      if (ftm_data.mask)
      {
         FTM3_MOD = ftm_data.data & ftm_data.mask ? FTM_PERIOD_LOGICAL_ZERO : FTM_PERIOD_LOGICAL_ONE;
         FTM3_C3V = FTM3_MOD/2;
         FTM3_PWMLOAD |= FTM_PWMLOAD_LDOK_MASK;

ftm_data.mask >>= 1;
      }
      else
      {
         FTM3_SC = 0x0;
      }
   }
}

The idea was to have an initial pulse period defined by FTM_PERIOD_START in the first code snippet.  Then in the interrupt set a long or short pulse depending on the data set in ftm_data.data and'd with ftm_data.mask.  The pulse widths I need are anywhere from 6 us to 40 us.  

ftm_data is a global structure with two members, data and mask.

Am I going about this the wrong way?  What I get is 9 pulses (should be 17).  Also, the duty cycle of the first pulse varies and the successive pulses all appear have either a 0 or 100% duty cycle.  Not sure what to do at this point.

I'm using the K64 Freedom Board and KDS 3.0, if it matters.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try to update the register value in channel interrupt?

Example of the Output Compare mode when the match toggles the.png
For more detail about the register update, please refer "40.4.10 Registers updated from write buffers" of
K64P144M120SF5RM.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JBM
Contributor IV

I did.  I never got it to work.  I was able to do what I need to do with the PIT.  This can be closed.

0 Kudos