Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1062 - serial download not working

nxf52380
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dears, 

I have programmed a wrong setting into SDRAM peripheral registers and it caused a crash. ( not hardfault ? ) 

The problem is I can not access the chip over debug port and also over the serial download mode.( USB - UART ) 

I wonder if there is a way to disable the serial download mode. 

I was using this mode as a backdoor to erase the hyperflash content in case of a hardfault and I am trying to understand if there is a way to disable it to prevent this state.     

Regards

Taylan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf52380
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Jeremy, 

Thanks for your attention. 

I did both. Neither Jlink commander or boot utility is not responding. 

I changed DCD data to change SDRAM setting before running into this state. 

Regards

Taylan 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Taylan Mucuk

Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you can share the error messages feedback which is from the Jlink and Boot Utility.
In further, whether you can introduce what you had changed about DCD data in the IVT.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Taylan Mucuk

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I'd like to know more information about the issue, for instance, the error message. So I'd like to recommend you to do a test as the below figure shows to confirm whether the Jlink to recognize the MIMXRT1062.

pastedImage_1.png

In further, the NXP MCU Boot Utility tool is able to connect the MCU when MIMXRT1062 enter the Serial Downloader mode, meanwhile, it provides a console window which can show the error message to help the developer to locate the cause of issue, please give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos