cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Project can't find standard C libraries

Jump to solution
luke_ludington
Contributor II

I created a new project in MCUxpresso and on build the include statements for the standard C libraries come back unresolved. Other includes in the include path work.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
luke_ludington
Contributor II

I found a solution to this problem. I recreated the project as a C project and it now works (before it was configured as a C Static Library) Thanks for all your help ErichS

View solution in original post

10 Replies
luke_ludington
Contributor II

I found a solution to this problem. I recreated the project as a C project and it now works (before it was configured as a C Static Library) Thanks for all your help ErichS

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luke,

thanks for reporting back on this! Glad to hear that it works now.

Erich

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What version of MCUXpresso IDE are you using? v11.0.0 provides a fix for this issue:

MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 Now Available 

Fixed issue with IDE losing C library include paths. This did not prevent projects from building but meant that indexer-related functionality reliant on these paths would not work correctly (for instance trying to open a C library include file from the editor). This issue could also cause Newlib projects to sometimes appear to be using Redlib include files.
Note: Existing projects can be "fixed" using Tools->Fixup Parsers option on the Project Properties view's context sensitive menu

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
luke_ludington
Contributor II

Just downloaded v11 and set up my project and it still isn't working.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

this is what helped for my projects:

1) right-click on the project and use Tools > Fixup Parsers

pastedImage_1.png

2) checking the Paths and Symbols for the project and removing any references to the IDE or previous IDE installation:

pastedImage_2.png

3) Checking that there is an 'MCU GCC Built-In Compiler parser' present pointing to the Include folders in the IDE:

pastedImage_3.png

4) Doing a Index rebuild on the project:

pastedImage_4.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

luke_ludington
Contributor II

The MCU GCC Built-In Compiler parser doesn't show up how do I add it?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

it should get added with the menu Tools > Fixup Parsers

can you retry?

0 Kudos
luke_ludington
Contributor II

pastedImage_3.png

I can't seem to delete these references to the IDE, I tried your given process a few times. Thanks for all of your quick responses so far.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strange.

This is what I had: I selected the item pointing to 10.3.1 and used the 'Delete' button.

pastedImage_1.png

This is not possible for you (you did not share the state of the button)? Or what do you get (error message?).

Erich

0 Kudos
luke_ludington
Contributor II

Yeah the delete button is greyed out and the delete key does nothing

0 Kudos