From i.MX 6Solo/6DualLite Applications Processor Reference Manual, Rev. 4, 07/2018
18.104.22.168.6.1 Screen Refresh
• The refresh rate may vary within a predefined range. Within this range, the rate is
dynamically adjusted to the content update rate.
• An indication about the availability of new content is obtained as follows:
• If the page-flip double buffering is used, the mechanism provides this indication
• If only a single buffer is used (and incrementally updated), the IPU can receive
an indication of a modification from the ARM platform (by setting an internal
• The IPU counts the refresh cycles: the total and those with new content. The ARM
platform can use these counters to optimize display management (e.g. switching
display buffer compression on/off). The counters are reset by the ARM platform.
• The transferred data may be processed on the way, using the IC and DP.
IPU is counting display refresh cycles according to above description.
I would like to check this counter for debugging our system.
Could you please teach me register name to get the counted value?