cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Fluctuation in K22F microcontroller

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FRDM K22F board for evaluation of ADC. I have configured a FTM timer at 625 usec. In ISR of FTM, i am triggering ADC using software trigger. Input voltage is DC 1.64V (No fluctuation observed on DSO) but there are fluctuations in ADC output as seen in "ADC.xlsx". Why is there so much fluctuation even when the input is stable. I am using baord's supply as VREF.

I have even tried long sampling mode with 24 clock cycles but still getting the fluctuation.

I have attached code for reference.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna,

Would you please check the reference-voltage noise(VREFH)?

VREFH FRDM-K22F.png

Reference-voltage noise AN5250.png

The digital peripherals may influences ADC due to the bad design of analog power supply.(for example: I can see you toggle IO during ADC sample.)
The design of analog power supply on FRDM-K22F is not recommended.

Analog power supply.png

For more detail, please refer: AN5250 How to Increase the Analog-to-Digital Converter Accuracy in an Application

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos