cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C memory controller

mathias_edman
Contributor III

Hi,

I wonder if this MCU has some peripheral to help with external memories. I know for STM32 they have the nice feature of FSMC that you can do pretty much everything with. FSMC can even be used to write to other interfaces with some tricks, like for example an LCD.

The reason I ask is because I would like to write 32 bits parallel data to a specialized IC witch also takes standard signals like CLK, WR_N, RD_N, OE_N etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

Mathias

2 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, there is EBI (external bus interface) module on MPC5777C, allowing standard external parallel memories as NOR flashes, SRAMs, FPGAs and other memory mapped external controllers or modules.

Seems mentioned FSMC module contains also NAND flash controller, this is not supported by EBI.

mathias_edman
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I have another question about the EBI, it seems very complicated and many things to consider. I see that the demo board has some buffers and 16 bit bus which we rather not have.

We need to have the fastest possible setup for the EBI (32 bit data bus). Do you have any examples how to setup the EBI registers for this? Also, schematics for how to set everything up with that configuration to interface with a memory, or whatever, would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mathias 

0 Kudos