AnsweredAssumed Answered

The size of camera captured image is ALWAYS 8.39 MB

Question asked by Amirhossein Sayyah on Jun 14, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2019 by Amirhossein Sayyah

Hi,

I have a problem on Android 8 and Android 9 and I would appreciate it if you could help me. When I capture a photo on nitrogen6x and nitrogen8m Boundary Devices boards with the camera in Android 8 or 9, The size of the image is always 8.39 MB regardless of what the photo is. This is not the case for Android 7 o before. This is caused because in the "Image_getJpegSize" function in ./frameworks/base/media/jni/android_media_Utils.cpp, "blob->jpeg_size" is 0 and causes the size to be 8.39MB. I think the problem is with the following commit in "./vendor/nxp-opensource/imx/" (url = https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/android-imx/platform/hardware/imx):

commit 7b96ccc

Author: Wnbo.Zhu <wenbo.zhu_1@nxp.com>

This is a very old commit. When I try to revert it, There are two many conflicts. And also it uses the jhead.h which no longer exists after android 7 and starting from android 8.

So my question is what should I do to make the photo sizes variable like android 7?

You can also find the logcats for taking the photo and for showing the details of the photo attached.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Outcomes