Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8X LVDS output

Jump to solution
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to output BT.656 format data from LVDS interface.

it is need progressive to interlace conversion into SoC.
I found following description from reference manual. So, LCDIF is able to convert progressive to interlace format.

But, I could not find any description same feature into section of LVDS subsystem. and, We can not use LCDIF due to pin assignment.

I have two questions.

Q1. Can i.MX8X series convert  data format progressive to interlace via LVDS subsystem?

Q2. Is there any way to convert data format progressive to interlace without LCDIF?

From IMX8DQXPRM Rev. D, 11/2018

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kazuma

sorry. I am afraid it is not possible to

convert progressive to interlace via ISI module.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kazuma

>Q1. Can i.MX8X series convert  data format progressive to interlace via LVDS subsystem?

no

>Q2. Is there any way to convert data format progressive to interlace without LCDIF?

it can be done via ISI module, described in sect.15.6.1 Image Sensing Interface (ISI)

i.MX8QXP Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I appreciate your support. I have checked sect 15.6.1 Image Sensing Interface in reference manual.

I think that it can convert interlace to progressive (De-interlacing). But, We would like to  convert progressive to interlace.

If I missed your points, please teach me how to convert progressive to interlace via ISI module.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kazuma

sorry. I am afraid it is not possible to

convert progressive to interlace via ISI module.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
Kazuma_Sasaki
Senior Contributor I

Hi igor,

Thank you for your answer. I got it. I will consider other solution.

Best Regards,

Kazuma Sasaki.

0 Kudos