options for enabling UI based pins and clocks on xpresso IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

options for enabling UI based pins and clocks on xpresso IDE

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

i am trying to use the pins and clocks options on MCU xpresso IDE, but the GUI is not been visible while accessing that option, it gives an error saying that MCU is not selected,please share the steps to enable these options and generate the code.

Thanks,

Maniram

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Maniram,

Please tell me which chip do you used .

Using the Config Tools need first download and install SDK, about the detail please refer to

<MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf>

5.4 Obtaining and Installing an SDK

13.1 Using the Config Tools

I attached it for you.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

i am using IMXRT1050 chipset and i had added the SDK in the xpresso, but unable to enable the UI for clocks and Pins.

Thanks,

Maniram 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Maniram ,

First please make sure you used  the latest MCUXpresso IDE https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/mcuxpresso-software-and-t...    

Then import a SDK demo, you can config Pins and Clock as below:

Config Pins:

pastedImage_13.png

pastedImage_12.png

Config Clock:

pastedImage_14.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

thank you for the reply, but i know these options, my probelm is i click on these options also i am unable to view the GUI.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please show your screenshot, thanks.

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi,

please find the below screenshots.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

Maniram

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

in the toolbar you can see combo box with "<No Configuration>". Please xpand it and select project for which you want to use the Config Tools. Also you can go to the Develeopment perspective and in the Project Explorer there is toolbar with config tools:

pastedImage_1.png

or you can use popup menu on the project folder:

pastedImage_2.png

or use Quick start panel:

pastedImage_3.png

Once you create a configuration *.mex file is created in the project root and you can later use double-click the *.mex file to open the Pins tool.

If the tools are still empty after the described steps, please attach here the  "<workspace>/.metadata/.log" file which might contain useful information about your problem.

Also these days the MCUXpresso IDE 11 has been publicly released, you might try to switch to the latest IDE.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos