Suggestions and feedback on Coldfire Lite

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions and feedback on Coldfire Lite

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
I already have posted a couple of comments about Coldfire Lite but I posted them in the Codewarrior for Coldfire forum. However I noticed that the PDF file that comes with Coldfire Lite suggests to post comments and suggestions in <this> forum.

I'm not going to repost everything here but instead will place links to the threads in the other forum:

My main issue with the new CF Lite V3.2: device reset when network link broken

and

Making the DHCP client request a new IP address when the network link is broken and reconnected
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Marc,
Thank you for posting this.
I'll review your suggestions.
Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
Hello David,

Some improvements still may have to be done, like moving CPU dependent code out of CPU independent files (like reading the FEC status in timeouts.c).

Also, the link lost detection would best be done by an interrupt routine. It is now done every second in timeouts.c, but this way it could easily be missed if the duration is <1s.
But I noticed that for some reason the tasks lock up when the FEC interrupt is called, and that is probably the reason why they made the CPU reset itself when the ethernet link is broken in CF Lite V3.2

The link down detect, the way I do it now to restart DHCP negotiation, I think may also be used to restart the link negotiation. I haven't tested that yet though.

- Marc

Message Edited by Marc VDH on 2009-02-13 07:26 AM
0 Kudos