cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uart Stop bit access in K22F

prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FRDM K22f baord for evaluation of K22 microcontroller series. I am trying to verify UART functionality using "lpuart_interrupt Example " driver example project but i am not able to configure the stop bit.

The stop bit declaration has been prevented with "FSL_FEATURE_UART_HAS_STOP_BIT_CONFIG_SUPPORT" macro.

I have tried enabling the macro through MCU setting in properties of project but still i am getting error while using stop bit varaiable in config structure of UART.

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prasanna,

In K22 MCU LPUART has programmable 1-bit or 2-bit stop bits. On the other hand UART module doesn’t have this feature. That is why the FSL_FEATURE_UART_HAS_STOP_BIT_CONFIG_SUPPORT macro is '0' and FSL_FEATURE_LPUART_HAS_STOP_BIT_CONFIG_SUPPORT is '1'.

However, as you are using lpuart_interrupt example you don’t need to change the corresponding macro. In LPUART_GetDefaultConfig() function stop bit is configure to kLPUART_OneStopBit, please take a look to the snippet below.

pastedImage_11.png

I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos