iMX6S Sabre - Frequency stop was detected, probably due to a supply voltage drop

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6S Sabre - Frequency stop was detected, probably due to a supply voltage drop

pranavmondhe14
Contributor I

Hi Guys

I am running iMX6 Sabre board with latest yocto image running our C++ software on top of it.

While testing, i understand that we are getting frequency stop messages on dmesg

Can you please go through attached file. I dont know how and what might be the reasons behind this issue related to RTC.

Best Regards

Pranav Mondhe

snvs_pwrkey 20cc000.snvs-pwrkey: i.MX snvs powerkey probed
i2c-core: driver [isl29023] using legacy suspend method
i2c-core: driver [isl29023] using legacy resume method
rtc-ab-ibo5-s3 0-0069: Frequency stop was detected, probably due to a supply voltage drop
rtc-ab-ibo5-s3 0-0069: rtc core: registered rtc-ab-ibo5-s3 as rtc0
i2c /dev entries driver

0 Kudos
2 Replies

pranavmondhe14
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov

Thank you for looking at my issue.

Did'nt find anything from datasheet though.

I tried re-flashing yocto image again and i cannot see the error anymore in dmesg. Wonder why i saw it at first instance.

Sabre board was powered off for many weeks, may be because of that something went wrong during power up of all hardware when i started.?

Best Regards

Pranav Mondhe

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pranav

from log error appeared after loading i2c rtc "rtc-ab-ibo5-s3" driver.

Such error may be casued by rtc power-up initialization, one can refer to that
rtc datasheet for details, similar may be found on:
http://www.horustech.com.tw/WebMaster/FileData/Epson/RX-8010SJ(SOP-8).pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos