AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is MFG tool crashing (i.MX53)?

Question asked by Brian Peters on Jun 6, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2019 by Yuri Muhin

I.MX53  Manufacturing tool  Problem      New  install  on Windows 10 Pro PC

I downloaded the  Mfgtool file recommended for i.MX53 processors from the NXP website

I received  Mfgtools-Rel-1.6.2.032.ZIP

I down loaded and followed the associated text directions to  install the contents of the ZIP file. 

Upon running the MFG Tool program  It  crashed repeatedly with no error message  at the point where you select   Options  - Configuration - and click USB Ports.

I did some searching and found that  the board  was showing up in Device manager  as Other Device  'SE Blank RITA'

I concluded that that the issue was the device driver not being properly loaded.

After much research and attempts to install the driver.  I finally succeeded  after learning how to  force windows to ignore driver signing so it would install the driver.  Board shows up now as an USB device   of type "Freescale i.MX53 USB BulkIO Device"  in Device manager as I suspect It should.

The problem  I AM STILL HAVING   is that the program crashes rather than display the available usb ports  as expected at Step 4 of the Manufacturing Tool quick start drive

It does nothing just sits there when I click the Scan button,  and crashes hard  when I select  the USB ports tab.

Can anyone help me sort this out?

Regards,

Brian Peters

PS  this problem occurs in the same way on a windows 7 pro install

Outcomes