RT1064 internal 4M Flash can be used as simulation EEPROM?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1064 internal 4M Flash can be used as simulation EEPROM?

Jump to solution
Contributor II

Hello:

I wanted to save some simple sensor data with Flash of 4M inside RT1064, but I looked at the SDK version 2.41 and found no similar examples.In addition to the part that holds the user code, can the rest be used as data storage?If so, are there routines?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is not possible to emulate an EEPROM with the Flash memory.
You could save some data in that memory, however, this is not recommended. Since you want to save some data that you will be reading from a sensor, I supposed that you will be doing this very frequently. This will shorten the life of the memory in a considerable way since you will be making a lot of programming cycles. Your best option is to store this data in the internal RAM of the RT.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is not possible to emulate an EEPROM with the Flash memory.
You could save some data in that memory, however, this is not recommended. Since you want to save some data that you will be reading from a sensor, I supposed that you will be doing this very frequently. This will shorten the life of the memory in a considerable way since you will be making a lot of programming cycles. Your best option is to store this data in the internal RAM of the RT.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.