Looking for IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that executes from XIP, but enables SDRAM.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that executes from XIP, but enables SDRAM.

brianrothwell
Contributor I

Does anyone have a simple example of a IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that executes from XIP, but enables SDRAM.   Ideally, the .bss Does anyone have a simple example of a IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that executes from XIP,
 but enables SDRAM.  Ideally, the .bss Does anyone have a simple example of a IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that
 executes from XIP, but enables SDRAM.  Ideally, the .bss , .data, application heap and stack would be in SRAM as well.
 I have been trying to follow the threads on this topic but am obviously missing something. .data, application heap
 and stack would be in SDRAM as well.  I have been trying to follow the threads on this topic but am obviously missing
 something., .data, application heap and stack would be in SRAM as well.  I have been trying to follow the threads on
 this topic but am obviously missing something.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian Rothwell,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering the question, I'd like to know whether you want to a simple example of an IMXRT-1050 C++, FreeRTOS project that executes from XIP, meanwhile, the SDRAM will also be initialized during the boot process.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

brianrothwell
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

That would be great. Ideally, I would but the application level heap and stack in SDRAM as well.

Thanks,

Brian Rothwell

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Brian Rothwell,

Thanks for your reply.
In the Image Vector Table, The DCD is a configuration information contained in the program image (external to the ROM) that the ROM interprets to configure various peripherals on the chip, for instance, SDRAM. You can learn more information about it by review the i.MX RT's RM.
Meanwhile, I'd like to suggest to refer to the thread RT1050 - Recreate DCD SDRAM config C code?  to learn how to implement it.
Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos