cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use lwip_mpc5748g

gangzhou
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using s32 design studio for NXP #mpc5748g enet dev kit. Here LWIP example code "lwip_mpc5748g" integrated with freertos by default.But ,when  ping the ip address of MPC5748G dev kit,it dose not reply.I want to know how to use this example.How to config the board as client or server?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

root cause of this issue is that LwIP example cannot handle ARP protocol, so you must add MAC address of the board manually into PC ARP cache.

Run command line as an administrator and use the command shown in the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

Addresses used in the figure are the default ones in the lwip project.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

gangzhou
Contributor II

thank you for your reply.if I want to use the devkit board as  server with example code "lwip_mpc5748g" what,should I do? 

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it depends on what server do you mean. Here are possibilities, which LwIP provides

Operating systems that implement the lwIP TCP/IP stack may provide a range of supporting clients and servers at the application layer. Such as an IPv4 DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) client or IPv4 Link-local addresses (aka. AutoIP). Specialized raw API applications include: an HTTP server, a SNTP client, a SMTP client, a NetBIOS nameserver, a mDNS responder, a MQTT client and a TFTP server.

But all of this implementation must be done on your own. There is no example available.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

gangzhou
Contributor II

Tkank you!

0 Kudos