cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller is not working without JTAG

Jump to solution
prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi, in MKE04Z64VLH4, controller is not working without JTAG. As one switch the supply OFF and then ON controller stop working. I have check the RESET pin status it is pull up to VDD. Controller is running on External oscillator with Core clock is 40 MHz, Bus clock is 20 MHz and OSCER clock is 8 MHz. In attachment I have attached sample code and the RC value which is connected on RESET pin.
KIndly let me know the reason why is it not working ? Is it any issue in firmware or hardware modification required.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna Naik,

RESET pin external circuit is correct.

What's the board you are using? You own board or the NXP official board?

NMI pin need external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor, do you have it? If you don't have it, you can add one 10K external pull up resistor on PTB4 pin.

You can check it.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna Naik,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

Do you mean, when you use the JTAG interface, eg SWD, you can debug the code, and when disconnect the debugger, just POR, the APP can't work?

What the IDE you are using? CW, KDS or MCUXPresso?

If you are using the CW, please check this configuration:

pastedImage_1.png

You need to chose ewl instead of ewl_hosted.

Please try it on your side, thank you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your input. I am using MCUXpresso IDE for development. I am able to use the controller in debug mode(i.e with SWD) but it doesn't work without SWD(Normal operation mode). Also please check whether the RC value connected on the RESET pin is sufficient or not.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Prasanna Naik,

RESET pin external circuit is correct.

What's the board you are using? You own board or the NXP official board?

NMI pin need external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor, do you have it? If you don't have it, you can add one 10K external pull up resistor on PTB4 pin.

You can check it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos
prasannanaik
Contributor III

Hi kerryzhou‌,

Thanks for your help. 

It was a problem due to NMI pin connections. It worked after your suggestion.

Thanks and best regards,

Prasanna