how to visualize register of a micro without programming?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to visualize register of a micro without programming?

adrien_segura12
Contributor I

Hi,

I have to make a source code from 0 on a microship MCF51CN128. I have the microship already programmed but i don't have the source code.That's why i have to recreate the whole code (with few modifications). the code itself is not a problem, but the register configuration is really difficult because i don't know the exact configuration of the communications used (i know it's I²C and UART but even after analyzing their frames with an oscolloscope, it's hard to tell how it's configured).

My question is : is it possible to vizualise the register configuration of the actual program on the card with the debugger WITHOUT programming it ? I use Codewarrior with a Multilink universal.

( by the way i know it kinda sounds like hacking but there is nothing illegal right here, all the products are mine).

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adrien Segura,

Which version of CodeWarrior do you work with?

Best Regards

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

adrien_segura12
Contributor I

Hi,

I use Codewarrior 10.6 with a multilink universal

Thanks for your help !

Adrien Segura

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Adrien Segura

In a debugging session, the CodeWarrior Attach launch configuration skips setting up the target hardware, and downloading the program image to that target hardware. The code image might reside on the target hardware already, or you might want to skip setting up the target hardware. Like the CodeWarrior Connect launch configuration, the settings in the Arguments and Environment panels do not apply.

See below screenshot of where to use it:

pastedImage_1.png

For more information, please search help file with keyword “CodeWarrior Attach”.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos