cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source file different from .mex file error

tomvansistine
Contributor III

Every time I open MCUEpresso v10.3.1 I get the message:

The source file 'xxx\board\peripherals.c' contains different setup that the Config Tools configuration file 'xxx.mex'. Configuration file will be loaded. 

To use configuration from source file, select File > Import Source from the Main Menu.

No matter if I do as it suggests or just ignore it, it always comes up.

I tried to create a brand new project with just the auto-generated code.  The first time is works fine.  Then I add or change one pin or peripheral and hit 'Project Update' I then get this message on the new project.  I did not have this problem with v10.2.1.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

tomvansistine
Contributor III

I am using a MK22FN512VLL bare metal on our own board.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom,

unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it even for the same processor. Do you mind to attach here project for which do you see the dialogs? Also please include eclipse log file located here <workspace>/.metadata/.log to check if there are errors there or not.

Btw in the next version of IDE v11 this dialog functionality will be removed so if you are sure the sources are updated properly, please ignore this dialog.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

tomvansistine
Contributor III

Okay,  so I close MCUXpresso and reopen it just like I have all week where I had the problem. Today it opens with no issue.

Thank you for looking into this. I will wait until I can reproduce this again. If not and version 11 comes out and no more issues, I will consider this case closed.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom,

could you please specify exact board/processor which you use? The problem might be processor specific so we know where to look.

Thank you,

Libor

0 Kudos