cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee - JN5169 - Conbee(Raspberry Pi)

matthew3
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I have had a Board manufactured using the JN5169 Microcontroller. The board as been designed to the specification that is in the JN5169 DataSheet (Pages 77-79). I Have also bought an off the shelf NXP JN5169 Board which i have flashed a Light Demostration program to it. I have also got a Raspbery Pi which as a Conbee USB (Zigbee) Dongle atatched to it and that is running the deConz GUI (Phoscon App). The Raspberry Pi can find the off the shelf NXP board but when i upload the same demo progam to the board that i have had manufactured the Raspberry Pi cannot find the board.

The only diffrence with the off the shelf board and the board that i have had manufactured is that the NXP board has a built in antenna and the manufactured board as an SMA screw in antenna. The SMA  antenna is a 2.4Ghz Zigbee 2dbi antenna.

I have disabled the Wifi to see if this was causing any communication problems but it does not changed anything.

The NXP board is fine with the Wifi switched on.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Matthew

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Are you using the same module as the one in the development board ? Is there a way that you can guarantee that your module it's sending the packets ?

By any chance, do you have a log file ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

matthew3
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

Thank you for the reply. I think i have solved my question. I have compared the schematic for the off the shelf board and the schematic from our manufactures and there is a discrepancy on a couple of components that are used for the antenna. Manufacturer is sorting this out.

Regards

Matthew

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is good that you were able to solve it.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos

matthew3
Contributor III

Hello Estephania,

I have got back the modified PCB board and still not able to communicate with the Raspberyr Pi like i can with the off the shelf NXP module board with the built in Antenna. The chip i am using i bought from Mouser. I had another off the shelf NXP board which is not working so i checked to see if the chip was the same and it is. When i program it with a program we are writing to read through the ADC Channels i can see the figures on the Terminal tab in Beyond Studio, using a serial connection cable to the PC from an interface board (DR1048) we have. Just struggling to get a Dimmable light program to work on it just to test out the communication part.

I need to get this part functioning for a project i am doing. I cannot use the off the shelf NXP board because it is to big for the application i am wanting it to be used for.

Regards

Matthew

0 Kudos