cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to boot imx6ul from sdcard

asmaa
Contributor V

Hello Everyone,

I have IMX6UL Evaluation kit. I want to program .sdcard image into sdcard and boot the board.  I tried this file from NXP site fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard  and fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6ulevk.sdcard.bz2.

Program the SDcard through the command

sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=1M conv=fsync

Did the DIP changes according to internal boot and boot from sdcard. 

My board is not booting and I am not getting any output on hyperterminal.

Can someone please point me what am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Asma

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

asmaa
Contributor V

I will try it again with the mentioned images and update you the result.

Thank you Joan.

0 Kudos

asmaa
Contributor V

Yes, I did that but I am getting nothing on UART and I am using sdcard images fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6ulevk.sdcard.bz2 from L4.1.15_1.1.0_ga. my evaluation board is 700-28616 REV A and SCH-28616. 

Could you please check if above files support this board?

Thanks,

Asma

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it seems that you dd the image to sd card failed, pls unzip "fsl-image-gui-x11-imx6ulevk.sdcard.bz2 ", try to use "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard"

0 Kudos

asmaa
Contributor V

I have tried the same. Document already mention we have to extract and then download the file onto sdcard.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I tested this for you:

1) download the "L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6UL7D" from the link as below:

i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit | NXP 

2) then  I dd the "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard" into the micro sd card

$ sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M && sync

3) then I insert the micro sd card, then you need to use J1901 to check output message, I can find the board boot up successfully

0 Kudos

asmaa
Contributor V

Hi Joan,

thank you for the reply. I have correctly set sw601 to D1,D2,D4-OFF and D3-ON and SW601 to internal boot mode. I dont see anything on UART as well. Which log file are you asking for?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

set SW602 to ON OFF, the log file is the output file from uart port when you boot up the board, when you boot up the board, pls check if anything output from the uart port

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you set the correct sw601? could you see anything though the uart port? pls send the log file to me, let me double check it. you should program the "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard" to the microsd card by the command you attach

0 Kudos