capacitive touch of LPC845

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capacitive touch of LPC845

Contributor I

I use the capacitive touch of LPC845. When the finger touches the connected wire, the touch event occurs. If the finger is close to the wire, or if the finger is blocked by an insulating object and touched again, it can not trigger the touch event. What's the matter?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please keep in mind that in this case the cover needs to be thin enough, and the metallic sensor needs to have a sufficient area for sensing.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Thank you very much for your reply. I would like to ask you again if the contact surface is large enough and the lid is thin. Is it related to the capacitance connected to YH YL pins or what is the configuration of registers?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The sensitivity will depend on your PCB sensor pad design. I recommend you to read the document below, there are some guidelines to increase sensitivity in chapter 2.3 and some tests were made with different kinds of interference affecting the sensor in chapter 5.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12083.pdf

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos