cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 WiFi options? w/SDcard (SDIO) usage

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Hi All,

Prototyping with the iMXRT1062 and I am using the SD Card. Would like to use M.2 for WiFi, but SDIO is used by the SD Card. This leaves USB or SPI as an bus to service a WiFi adapter. What are some M.2 module options for USB or SPI that are common?

Thank You

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike Spenard,

RT1062 have two SDHC module:

pastedImage_16.png

So, you can use both SD card and your Wifi adpater which is using the SDHC interface.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Well, USDHC2 pins are being used by FLEXSPI for XiP Flash. So those are not available either.

What are the M.2 USB options out there for Wifi?  Or could I utilize the Ethernet PHY pins for a Wifi adapter somehow?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike Spenard,

Thank you for your updated information.

I am not familiar with your M.2 module, how many interface

If all the SD pins can't be used in your RT chip, if your M.2 module still can support USB and SPI interface, you can use it, just check the according pins in your RT chip is used or not in your application.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos