cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ulevk not able to boot after .sdcard images programmed

asmaa
Contributor V

Hello Everyone,

I am newbie to i.Mx6 processors. My company is using imx6 in their product.

I have imx6ulev kit. I have build .sdcard image following i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide, Rev. L4.9.88_2.0.0-ga, 05/2018. I got different files and fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ulevk.sdcard.bz2 file in tmp/deploy/images/imxulevk folder.

I programmed .sdcard files in sdcard following the same doc and linux user guide using command.

sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ulevk.sdcard of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M && sync

I can see different files in my sdcard now as follows.

zImage

.dtb file 

and following is the partition screenshot

pastedImage_8.png

I inserted sdcard in micro sd card slot and change DIP switches configuration to 

SW602 ON OFF and  tried vice versa as well 

SW601 OFF OFF ON OFF

I dont have LCD but I dont see any output on debug terminal as well. I understand my board is not booting.

2) When this didnt work I tried Manufacturing tools L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar. and ran the vb script mfgtool2-yocto-mx-evk-sdcard-sd2.vbs

I am getting error:

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Load[WndIndex:0], File is C:\Users\asmaa\Downloads\L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar\L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools\mfgtools-without-rootfs.tar\mfgtools-without-rootfs\mfgtools\Profiles\linux\OS Firmware\firmware\zImage-imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb, address is 0x83000000
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: PortMgrDlg(0)--Command Load excute successfully, retry count: 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], skip current command, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Jump[WndIndex:0]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: *********MxHidDevice[02688010] Jump to Ramkernel successfully!**********
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current state command has been finished and the last command is successful, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], skip current command, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is C:\Users\asmaa\Downloads\L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools.tar\L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools\mfgtools-without-rootfs.tar\mfgtools-without-rootfs\mfgtools\Profiles\linux\OS Firmware\firmware\u-boot-imx6ul14x14evk_sd.imx
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: WriteReg(): Invalid write ack: 0xa223304

ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Failed to initialize memory!
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: PortMgrDlg(0)--MxHidDevice--Command Boot excute failed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current command executed failed, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceManager::DevChangeWnd::OnDeviceChange() - DEVICE_REMOVAL_EVT(\\?\USB#VID_15A2&PID_007D#5&182cd075&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceManager::DevChangeWnd::OnDeviceChange() - end
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceManager::OnMsgDeviceEvent() - DEVICE_REMOVAL_EVT(\\?\USB#VID_15A2&PID_007D#5&182cd075&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceClass::FindDeviceByUsbPath--DeviceListType_Current, _devices.size: 1

3) when both the cases didnt work I programmed L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga_images_MX6UL7D/fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard image into sdcard and even then also the board didnt boot

Can someone please tell me what am I missing in all the cases? I know i am missing something but what i dont know. please someone help me find out.

I want to work with both scenarios. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Asma

#imx6‌imx6ulevk‌

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

asmaa
Contributor V

Thank you Carlos, I will try again following your instructions. I will update you my results.

Regards,

Asma

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Asma,

You should try with the “fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard” file included on the “L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6UL7D” package, and also ensure that the flashed SD card is inserted on the proper SD slot selected to boot.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

asmaa
Contributor V

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for the reply. But I have use the same file as mentioned in my question and also inserted microSD card in the micro SD card which is I guess is only one slot on the top board (No room for mistake their). Any other suggestions please.

Regards,

Asma

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Asma,

I just tested the mentioned image file (“fsl-image-validation-imx-imx6ul7d.sdcard” from “L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX6UL7D” package), inserted on the micro SD slot of the CPU board, and it booted properly (Console printed on serial terminal) with the same dip switches configurations that you mentioned.

booted i.MX6ul.png

So, please ensure that you have proper connections of the serial terminal, power supply and that the micro SD socket is locked to ensure proper connection of the card.

mx6ul board.jpg

You should also retry downloading the image to the SD card, as the partitions and included files that you mentioned seems that are not complete.

Screenshot from 2019-05-29 15-42-01.pngScreenshot from 2019-05-29 15-42-23.png

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos