Jumbo Frames for LS1028A

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumbo Frames for LS1028A

sevi
Contributor II

I'm using the Board LS1028ARDB for evaluating the Layerscape processor with Linux kernel 4.14.47 and interested in Network/USB3 performace. For the USB3 performance I'm using the gadget devices massstorage and RNDIS.

For the RNDIS device I'm reaching transfer rates up to 500 MBit/s which is not as good as I expected.

Is there a possibility to increase the MTU size > 1500?

Is the processor supporting JUMBO frames?

Thanks and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

sevi
Contributor II

As I've already written I'm using the RNDIS gadget. This means there is no Ethernet Phy because of using USB3 interface while the Ethernet device is emulated.

Therefore I think this is a processor specific thing.

For a Xilinx Ultrascale+ MPSoC I had the same issue and fixed it with following patch https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/18841729/0001-Change-bMaxBurst-and-qlen-... 

wich is described in https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841729/Zynq+Ultrascale+MPSOC+Linux+USB+devic...

part "Ethernet Gadget".

This have not been worked for the NXP LS1028A device because of different hardware.

Is there a possibility to speed up the RNDIS performance for the NXP LS1028A controller? 

0 Kudos

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MTU is a characteristic of a network interface, not a processor. Since you are
using externally connected network interfaces, you should consult at
the documentation of those peripherals and their respective drivers
for supported MTU.

Have a great day,
Platon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos