cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR issue when compiling MCUXpresso SDK example

wangliu
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using IAR tools to compile MCUXpresso SDK example.

The sdk version is SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMX8MM, the board is imx8mm evk, the IAR version is IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM version 8.30.2, the yocto version is 2.5 (Sumo).

After I import hello_world demo example to my IAR project, I click the button make to compile.

But there are some compilation error as follows:

Building configuration: hello_world - debug
Updating build tree...
startup_MIMX8MM6_cm4.s
Error[438]: This instruction is not available in the selected cpu/core C:\nxp\devices\MIMX8MM6\iar\startup_MIMX8MM6_cm4.s 212
Error[446]: The selected cpu/core does not support this status register C:\nxp\devices\MIMX8MM6\iar\startup_MIMX8MM6_cm4.s 217
Error[438]: This instruction is not available in the selected cpu/core C:\nxp\devices\MIMX8MM6\iar\startup_MIMX8MM6_cm4.s 219
Error[438]: This instruction is not available in the selected cpu/core C:\nxp\devices\MIMX8MM6\iar\startup_MIMX8MM6_cm4.s 220
Error while running Assembler
clock_config.c
Fatal Error[Pe035]: #error directive: "Unknown target." C:\nxp\CMSIS\Include\cmsis_iccarm.h 94
Error while running C/C++ Compiler
board.c
Fatal Error[Pe035]: #error directive: "Unknown target." C:\nxp\CMSIS\Include\cmsis_iccarm.h 94
fsl_assert.c
fsl_clock.c
fsl_debug_console.c
fsl_common.c
fsl_str.c
fsl_rdc.c
generic_list.c
fsl_uart.c
hello_world.c
iuart_adapter.c
pin_mux.c
serial_manager.c
serial_port_uart.c
system_MIMX8MM6_cm4.c

Total number of errors: 20
Total number of warnings: 0

Could you help me to fix these compilation issues?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi wang

one can try to install iar patch below

IAR and Segger tool patch to support MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX 8 devices GA

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos