cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger tool does not work for one ELF file

zj_nuaa
Contributor II

Hallo, 

i am using MCU S32R274 under S32DS. i have problem with debug the 3_core project. Debugger tool: PE company FX, which has fast speed than multilink.  i can use it for debugging with 3-elf files. when i build the 3-core  project into one elf, i was unable to use the debugger tool. 

Please help me out. If there is any settings i should follow, please share. Many thanks! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

S32DS does not officially support multi-core project in one elf. This could be the root cause of your problem. If you use S32DS, you should always use 3 elf files for 3 core project.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

zj_nuaa
Contributor II

emmm, lauterbach can work but PE does not ... how could it be explained? 

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I did not write PE cannot work with single elf in multi-core project. I wrote, S32DS does not support this option and this could causes the issues.

Also, please compare the price of Lauterbach Debugger and PeMicro debugger. Even more, Lauterbach uses Trace32 software, which is on the different level than debugger used in S32DS which is provided free.

But maybe you can try contact PeMicro support and ask them, if they can help you to resolve this problem, because whole debugger integrated in S32DS is provided by PeMicro.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos