wireless charging with communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless charging with communication

rob_engle
Contributor I

I'm looking for a solution which would allow wireless charging but also allow NFC-style communication while charging. Consider a series of LiPo battery operated, wireless charged devices. I want to be able to place the device on a charging pad and be able to identify (in the device, not at the charging pad), WHICH pad the device is charging from.

Ideally, the charging system would work with the Qi standard, so I can ALSO charge devices with standard chargers. If using standard chargers, I would not expect to be able to ID the pad.

I am trying to avoid a design which uses two coils (one for charging and one for NFC communication). I am also concerned about potential interference between inductance coils with multiple systems.

Does anyone have a suggestions for solutions I might be able to use?  Do any of the NFC solutions (eg: NTAG I2C plus) allow for simultaneous charging during communication?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I would like to confirm some points about your application in order to give you a better recommendation.

1. Will the data transmission over NFC take place before providing power to the device?

2. While the power is provided to the device, do you still need to have a communication over NFC with the device?

3. How close are the pads going to be located from each other?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos