cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW36: Fastest way to transfer data to PC

ayturk_duzen_ex
Contributor II

Hi,

I have an FRDM-KW36 development board. I would like to transfer data from my board to a PC (I will read using MATLAB or Python). In the board, I am using SerialManager to open a UART with baudrate of 230400 (from SDK it seems this is the max baudrate). The speed I get is not satisfying the constraints of my application. Is there a way to increase the baudrate of my serial connection or use any other way (not uart) to transfer data from the board to PC. Any suggestion to increase the throughput is appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ayturk,

What error do you see when you try to increase the baudrate from 230400?

I suggest you use external accurate clock source or crystal to try increasing the UART baudrate.

Best regards,

Felipe

ayturk_duzen_ex
Contributor II

Hi Felipe,

There were some characters missing in the other end of the communication. As you suggested, I used more accurate external clock and able to get 921600bps correctly. I am also open to other ways to increase speed even more. Is there any implementation of USB driver in KW36? Just as a side note, I can not use the wireless solution so the data needs to be transferred through the USB cable. Is there any other suggestion you could give for higher throughput? 

Best regards,

Ayturk

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ayturk,

KW36 does not support USB. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos