T1023: SecureBoot from SD possible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1023: SecureBoot from SD possible?

tmoos
Contributor III

I'm working on SecureBoot for the T1023 SoC. I have a working U-Boot for SD boot.

Now I'm trying to add the esbc_validate command to U-Boot. To do so I had to enable the "CONFIG_SECURE_BOOT" switch (and some other switches, as well). However, U-Boot does not start any more (I don't see anything on the serial console).

Does the T1023 even support SecureBoot for SD card?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Secure Boot from SD/MMC is supported, but not in all versions of
u-Boot and it is slightly more sophisticated than booting Secure
e.g. from NOR. Suggestions:

1. Use NXP QorIQ SDK

2. Follow recommendations given in this article

Have a great day,
Platon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tmoos
Contributor III

After I got Secure Boot running for NOR flash boot I'm again working on SD boot.

First of all, the SDK 2.0-1703 manual doesn't fit my platform, as it seems. Let me explain. I built images for T1024RDB using the SDK, but the files rcw.bin and u-boot-dtb.bin (required according to the manual) are not present. Then, I need input_files/uni_sign/<platform>/sdboot/input_uboot_secure, which doesn't exist for my platform (the directory input_files/uni_sign/t1_t2_t4/sdboot does not exist). Also, the file input_files/create_pbi/<platform>/input_pbi_sd_secure does not exist for the T-series platform (only for ls1). I guess that the manual has Layerscape in mind. Maybe you want to update it a little bit to help T-series users find their corresponding files.

Anyway, I managed to partly adapt the config file uni_pbi input_files/create_pbi/ls1/input_pbi_sd_secure to my needs. The uni_pbi tool now creates a PBI file which writes the BOOT1_PTR value to the address 0xee0200, which looks like the Layerscape DCFG_CCSR_SCRATCHRW1 address, which is wrong for the T-series. The address seems to be hardcoded in the uni_pbi source ("#define BOOTPTR_ADDR 0x09ee0200").

Question: Can the uni_pbi tool be used for T1024 (if yes: how?).

0 Kudos