cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TJA1145T/FD SPI port not working

gavin_chung
Contributor I

Hi,

TJA1145 SPI communication failure had TJA1145T/FD SPI control issue, the issue is quite queer to me.

Below listed are marking on the top of IC, only BRE00868 SPI port working properly, others just no repose on SPI port.

TJA1145T/FD

BRE00868

ZoD18031

TJA1145T/FD

BRE0002D

ZoD18031

TJA1145T/FD

BRE00025

ZoD18031

TJA1145T/FD

BRE0004H

ZoD18031

Below is SPI control clock from my LA, below is example to get IC identification, the response is 0x00. The good one will response exactly ID back. the good one working on 1M Hz clock is fine, I do lower clock in example still not working.

INH pin is working good, it goes high when detect CAN activities but SPI port just not working on write/read mode.

pastedImage_2.png

Does anyone encounter similar situation? or anyone from NXP couls help on it.

Thanks and best regards,

Gavin

0 Kudos
1 Reply

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gavin,

Initial remark is that all markings seem to be wrong, but I guess that is only a typo. The 3rd line of the marking should read ZnD18031, for all of these products. I made a quick check in some systems:

All 4 products are from the same assembly lot and from the same diffusion batch.

The diffusion batch was used to produce 4 different product variants.

All products from this wafer batch were shipped January/February 2018.

>40k products were shipped as TJA1145T/FD with this same date code and wafer batch and we have not received any other complaint on this wafer batch.

There is no indication that there is something wrong with this wafer or assembly lot. So there could be something critical in timing or maybe the products could be damaged.

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos