imx6ull: HID detection issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ull: HID detection issue

sahilnayak
Contributor I

To flash the i.Mx6ULL board we are using MFG-tool in windows PC. But while connecting the device with the windows PC, we see the there is no HID detection on tool and also shows error of USB device not recognized in PC. We have checked the BOOT mode, it is as per serial down-loader. And also check continuity for boot mode and USB interface. We have also installed the USB driver but no luck. But some times with the particular USB cables HID gets detected but not regularly. Once or twice out of 10 times.

Please see the attached image, with SNVS =2.99V, R63 not populated, R64 populated and getting voltage value on TP92= 2.73V. As per datasheet SNVS should be in between 2.4V to 3.6V. Even I have checked the all OSC CLK - 25MHZ. CLK looks good too.

Capture.JPG

Kindly provide the solution.

Thanks,

Sahil Nayak

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi dgd‌,

Any updates on this?

Regards,

Mrudang

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I apologize. I had typed out a response to the question regarding virtual linux, but it appears that it never got posted.

No, virtual linux won't work, since Windows is still between linux and the USB hardware. Windows does not always play nicely with USB.

Can you try to boot linux off a live CD/DVD or USB stick, or install linux on an external drive and boot directly off that? We need to isolate the issue, so we do need to see what native linux sees on the USB with the target board connected and in the boot mode for the mfg tool.

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

HI dgd‌,

Can I use Windows PC with Virtual Linux? Will it work?

Mrudang

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

HI dgd‌,

We tried but it won't be possible for us to do the same.

As the customer is working on MFGtool on Windows PC, we require a solution on a Windows-based machine.

Regards,

Mrudang

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The point of using a Linux machine is to make sure the target board's USB is working as a device for serial bootloading over USB. It'd be even better if the machine is dual-boot, so that it'd isolate the problem to the Windows environment/software.

Do you have a dual-booting machine with which you can test the target board?

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi dgd‌,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, we have already tried different cables with different machines. But no luck.

Can you please get suggestion from your team to solve it? May be by updating the Windows driver for MfgTool also.

Regards,

Mrudang

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Here is the MFG Tool support person's reply I received:

"According to the description, the board isnt able to perform enumeration, and it looks as if a hardware issue.

Can you confirm if the USB port is working correctly?

For example, boot into the Linux, then try the same USB port again, to see if the port pass USB enumeration."

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

HI dgd,

Yes Board is powered from 5V supply. 

Yes, we have tried to use other windows PC but it's same issue.

Yes, while plugging and refreshing, we see error of USB not recognized.

We have not used any utility to check the activity. We are focusing on Windows device manager whether USB is connected or not.  

As I have mentioned earlier, some times with the particular USB cables HID gets detected but not regularly. Once or twice out of 10 times.

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I had another thought, though: have you tried different cables in addition to the different machines?

I am trying to get hold of the maintainer of MfgTool, but it sounds like there is a Windows driver issue.  One of my software colleagues on the SE team here said she has an issue can cannot do the serial download with her Windows machine.

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Offhand, I'm not sure why this is occurring.

One question before going any further: Is the MX6 plugged directly into the host computer or is it connected through a USB hub?

0 Kudos

mrudangshelat1
Senior Contributor II

Hi David,

The MX6 plugged directly into the host computer not through USB hub.

Mrudang

0 Kudos

david_dicarlo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I didn't think of these questions until now. Trying to rule out all hardware possibilities. 

Is the board powered from a 5V supply? 

Have you tried any other machines and other USB connectors on that machine?

Do you see any activity in the Windows device manager when plugging it in and unplugging it? 

Do you see any activity with this USB device viewer utility? https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

0 Kudos