cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger terminates unexpectedly

haraldadolph
Contributor III

Hello,

so after just having solved my debugger startup problems, the next item appears.

In general, the effect is that the debugger terminates after inserting a breakpoint and resuming the operation.

The application had run before a good time, so to say it is not the application that causes the termination.

The thing is that I have a FreeRTOS application with mixed C and C++ code.

The debugger termination only happens if you set the breakpoint in a pure C file (e.g. event_groups.c)

The application doesn't continue but I cannot say where it is stuck.

Any ideas to that?

Thanks for supporting in advance - Harald.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

haraldadolph
Contributor III

Hi Alexis.

Another - maybe important - item I did not mention up to now is that the program runs without debugger - as far as I can say that. The problem I want to debug is based in the event handling - and as I said I haven't the possibility to debug as the event comes from an ISR. The event handling is handed over to the Tmr SVC task, and to set a break there terminates the software and the debugger immediately.

Greetings Harald.

0 Kudos

haraldadolph
Contributor III

Hello, Alexis, sorry for the missing details.

I'm using K66 - 180 with McuXPresso / P&E debugger. I have tried both versions of the debugger (standard and FX), it's the same behaviour in any case.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to debug the behaviour of the events being set from ISR - they happen to work but not in any case, so to find the cause is very hard.

Do you have any similar experience?

Best regards

Harald.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Harald,

I will suggest to reconfigure the libraries to build using Newlib rather than Redlib. Also check the following link:

https://isocpp.org/wiki/faq/mixing-c-and-cpp#call-cpp

There's some suggestions about to mix C/C++ code.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Haraid,

Can you let me know which MCU and which debugger are you using?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos