CLK_1M_ERR_ FL is set while enabling 1MHZ clock output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLK_1M_ERR_ FL is set while enabling 1MHZ clock output

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

This particular bit CLK_1M_ERR_ FL is set while enabling the 1MHZ clock, i could not understand the exact meaning of this particular discription.

"Flag indicates that the count_1m count wasn't reached within 1 32kHz period. This is intended as
feedback to software that the HW_ANADIG_OSC_CONFIG2_COUNT_1M_TRG value is too high for the
RC Osc frequency."

can you please help me by explaining what this particular error and why is it coming and i am referring the example code "evkbimxrt1050_flexio_i2s_edma_transfer" from where i had taken the particular lines and added in my code

void BOARD_BootClockRUN(void)

CLOCK_SetRtcXtalFreq(32768U);
/* Enable 1MHz clock output. */
XTALOSC24M->OSC_CONFIG2 |= XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG2_ENABLE_1M_MASK;
/* Use free 1MHz clock output. */
XTALOSC24M->OSC_CONFIG2 &= ~XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG2_MUX_1M_MASK;
/* Set XTAL 24MHz clock frequency. */
CLOCK_SetXtalFreq(24000000U);

can you also share the points on what are things need to be checked to rectify the error.

Thanks,

maniram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maniram nagothi

Could you clarify where do you get that error flag? The CLK_1M clock source is enabled by Clock 1MHz setting and RC oscillator setting (CLK_1M is derived from the internal RC 24MHz oscillator that must be also enabled).

The Count_1M_TRG is the one used to generate this clock (CLK_1M) with the 24MHz oscillator and an N number of 32KHz cycles. If the value set in Count_1M_Trg will not reach 1 32kHz period, then this flag is set.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

nsnmaniram
Contributor III

Hi Jorge Antonio Alcala Vazquez,

while using the example code of evkbimxrt1050_flexio_i2s_edma_transfer,In the BOARD_BootClockRUN() call from the main() uses two lines of the code:

/* Enable 1MHz clock output. */
XTALOSC24M->OSC_CONFIG2 |= XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG2_ENABLE_1M_MASK;

/* Use free 1MHz clock output. */
XTALOSC24M->OSC_CONFIG2 &= ~XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG2_MUX_1M_MASK;

when i do a POR on the customized board and check the value at that offset the ERROR flag is set by default.

pastedImage_3.png

The given reset value is 0x102E2

the obtained values after the POR is 0x800102E2

can pls share the what could be the reason initially that the error flag is set?

could please share your views on this query ASAP, As i am struggling with the clock for many days.

Thanks,

Maniram   

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi maniram nagothi

Please try to firstly set bit0 and bit1 of register XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG0n,  this is to enable RC tuning calculation logic, and then need to write a small value to COUNT_1M_TRG  in register XTALOSC24M_OSC_CONFIG2_CLR, this can clear CLK_1M_ERR_FL flag. The flag is set because it has 0x2E2 which gives 1/24000000 * 738 = 1/32520

Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos