cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pegoda 2 Support on tagXplorer

Jump to solution
vincentcoli
Contributor II

I have a recently purchased the NXP Pegoda 2 (CLRD710) and installed tagXplorer v1.2 (Build Version: 2019-02-14 175055) on a Windows 10 PC.  The "NXP Pegoda 2 N 0" connects to tagXplorer, but I get "Reader is not supported.".  See attached screenshots.

Please advise because according to NXP documentation, the Pegoda 2 reader is supported.  Maybe I need a dedicated driver for the Pegoda?

1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Vincent Coli, please check the quick start guide section 8, but basically first you will need to carefully  (to avoid breaking the LED connections) open the PEGODA reader  top then configure the DIP switch to the flash state

pastedImage_2.png

then connect it to the PC, open it as mass storage device and drag and drop the firmware files. for more explicit content please check the quick start guide in the link above and  if you have more questions or issues let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vincentcoli
Contributor II

Jonathan,

That worked -- thanks!SmartCard Utility, 2.2.8.pngTagXplorer, NTAG 413 DNA.png#

vincentcoli
Contributor II

Jonathan,

Thank you for your help.  I installed the Driver, but I am not able to update the firmware.  Can you advise how to do this?  I am running Windows 10.  the QuicSstart refers to Windows 7.

As you can see, I can connect to the Pegoda Reader, but not the NTAG216 card.  The Smartcard Utility reports I am running firmware 1.33.11.  The link you provided lists current to be 2.2.8.

Thanks,

Vince

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Vincent Coli, please check the quick start guide section 8, but basically first you will need to carefully  (to avoid breaking the LED connections) open the PEGODA reader  top then configure the DIP switch to the flash state

pastedImage_2.png

then connect it to the PC, open it as mass storage device and drag and drop the firmware files. for more explicit content please check the quick start guide in the link above and  if you have more questions or issues let me know.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

vincentcoli
Contributor II

TagXplorer, Error 2.pngSmartCard Utility.pngDocuments and Software.png

0 Kudos
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Vincent Coli,

Please check you have the lates firmware version in the PEGODA reader you can found the latest firmware here please check the Quick startup guide to know how to flash the firmware. as you can see I was able to connect the PEGODA 710 and connect a tag 

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos