cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6 Aptina AR0330 MIPI interface

jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

I want to interface MIPI camera-ar0330  with imx6 duallite processor.

http://www.kailaptech.com/Product.aspx?id=1271&l1=1269

As ar0330 is image sensor, Is it another DSP required between imx6 & ar0330 to convert row data to video mode?

Camera interface is new for me.

Thanks,
Jignesh Patel

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

imx6q has mipi csi interface, can support this camera, you don't need dsp to convert, for the driver, you can refer to the “/drivers/media/video/mxc/capture/ov5640_mipi.c", to change the source code based on your own mipi camera

0 Kudos

jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Thanks Joan Xie,

As my understanding, ar0330 has output format raw bayer pattern and imx6 doesn'y support it.

Imx6's IC is not able to convert raw bayer pattern to YUV422(supported by imx6).

So to get YUV422 formate on video input of imx6,  Is it required to ISP for raw data formatter?

Let me correct if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

why don't you set it output rgb656 which imx6 supports it

0 Kudos

jigneshpatel
Contributor III

Thanks Joan,

Is it rgb656 or rgb565?

I am doing camera integration first time so have some confusion about the raw data format of camera.

1. ar0330 output format is output is bayer pattern( 12 to 10-bit output A-law compression), Is it same rgb656 or I need to convert raw data to rgb656 in software?

2. Will I get same quality of  image/video, if i imx6 successfully integret directly with ar0330(without ISP).

Thanks for helping me for improve understanding of camera.

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't have ar0330  data sheet, you can refer to that, I think ar0330  can output many formats, not only bayer pattern, you can choose one format imx6 csi can support, then you don't need any converter

0 Kudos