Need some help with the IOS App

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with the IOS App

menedem
Contributor I

Just got the Rapid IoT for my kid, and we are trying to set it up.  Powered it up, charged it up.  Got the IOS app from the Apple store.  Using the device in default configuration.

The app required us to register, which is OK.  It also asks for UID/PWD every time we fire it up.  This is bearable.

However, the pairing does not appear to work correctly.  We tried it on both the iPhone and iPad with the same results.

After the login, the device is discoverable.  When I hit the "Provision" button, the app chugs for a little while.  I can see the time on the Rapid IOT being set from the app.  After the time is set, the device is rebooted.  When it comes back up, the bluetooth icon is flashing on the app, but the device does not connect.  The time is never set, and I can never pull any data from it.  Device firmware is b167acb, branch release 1.1.6

Any help would be very appreciated. 

Thank you in advance,

Dmitry.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Sorry to read your are facing issues - I assume you are working with the Out Of the Box application.

Looks like the pb you are facing was fixed in one of our previous release. The device should not reboot after pairing.

1. You should make sure you are using app >1.2.3 (I guess it is the case already)

2. Please see: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342913. You have to update the Out of the Box application on the kit. Alternatively you can also try download any example project from the studio and update the binary on the kit.

If your problem still persists, get back to me, something else likely cause this issue.

Eric   

0 Kudos

menedem
Contributor I

Eric,

Thank you very much for the information. I will update the firmware on the kit and try again.

Best Regards,

Dmitry.

0 Kudos