cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reactivate after PwdAuth Fail

eljeffo
Contributor III

With Ultralight EV1, after failing PwdAuth I'm unable to try another password:

status = phalMful_PwdAuth( palMful, passDefault, packResult); <- assume wrong password

I tried to do a few different things while tag remained in field such as reactivate (which works sometimes, sometimes not)

phpalI14443p3a_ActivateCard(   

pDataParams->pPal1443p3aDataParams,                              

((pDataParams->sTypeATargetInfo).aTypeA_I3P3[bTypeATagIdx]).aUid,    

((pDataParams->sTypeATargetInfo).aTypeA_I3P3[bTypeATagIdx]).bUidSize,

aUid,    

&bUidLen,                                                           

&(((pDataParams->sTypeATargetInfo).aTypeA_I3P3[bTypeATagIdx]).aSak),

&bMoreCardsAvailable);

Also tried WUPA (which nearly always succeeds - I get back ATQA correctly)

status = phpalI14443p3a_WakeUpA(

((phacDiscLoop_Sw_DataParams_t *) pDataParams)->pPal1443p3aDataParams,

((phacDiscLoop_Sw_DataParams_t * ) pDataParams)->sTypeATargetInfo.aTypeA_I3P3[0].aAtqa);

Followed by a read of block 0 to get into Active state. (read does return UID of tag which seems to indicate activation success)

However in all cases, a subsequent try of PwdAuth always fails (even if the password is correct).  I even get PACK = the right value, so that should indicate state = AUTHENTICATED.

However an immediate subsequent write to a protected or nonprotected page  will always fail (when PwdAuth success is AFTER HALT->WUPA transition)

Using the exact same password on the "first try" works fine.  Just never after reactivation.

Am I missing a step in getting the tag to activate? Or am I supposed to reset the reader library structures in some way?

Thanks!

--

avoiding wupa function and going straight for activation was better.  looking into difference, but not yet sure

---

code had duplicate wupa causing fail to hlta in unexpected place -- consider this post a non-issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Jeffrey Chan,

as you can see you are in HALT state due to a failed authentication the only ways to  come out of this state is either sending a WUPA  command or performing a POR. please let me know which reader are you using so I can replicate this.

pastedImage_1.png

looking forward to you answer.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos