cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing a MK02 MCU with USBDM-JS16

edovita
Contributor I

Dear pgo,

I'm trying to build a custom programming SW (.net) with the USBDM-JS16 device, the installed version is the 4.12.1.240.

I tried to use the UsbdmScript and I'm able to open the device connection, set the target, set the device and load the image file  but when I launch the program option it crashes (same thing  happens with the verify operation). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or for some reason it doesn't work with this specific device.

Alternatively I tried to use the UsbdmFlashProgrammer in command line mode and it seems to work well but the command line doesn't give any feedback about the current programming status and the programming result so I'm not able to check how the programming operation ended.

I also tried using the debug version of the FlashProgrammer but the log file is really too verbose and not easy to check as it's in a separated output.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Edo

0 Kudos
7 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edo,

Please confirm two points at first:

1. Your K02 hardware works OK

You can use the general debugger to test it at first, eg, Segger JLINK, CMSIS DAP, P&E multilink universal.

2. you need to make sure USBDM-JS16 can support the kinetis chip.

Actually, we even don't use the USBDM-JS16, we normally use the JLINK, cmsis dap as the kinetis debugger.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

edovita
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

1. Yes the hardware is working well, it has been correctly debugged/programmed with the KL02 freedom board (CMSIS DAP) and I can also program it with the JS16 device by using the FlashProgrammer interactive GUI or with the FlashProgrammer in command line mode.

2. For the reason above I'm sure JS16 supports my device and I don't need to debug it anymore, I just need to program a batch of them. 

Thank you!

Edo

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edo,

Thanks a lot for your updated information.

If the debug version of FlashProgrammer also works OK with your JS16 and the kinetis chip, then you totally can refer to the log to write your command line , although it is verbose. Because now, we don't have any according document about it.  Please try to refer to the debug log to write your command line.

Sorry for the inconvenience we bring you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

edovita
Contributor I

Dear Kerry,

thank you for your answer, 

about the TCL script, could you suggest something to check for avoiding the crash when I launch the "program" command?

Thanks

Edo

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edo,

I am sorry,   I am just the kinetis engineer, I don't have the deep knowledge about the TCL script.

I don't know why you need to use the OSBDM, actually, the opensda already open source, you can totally can use that debugger.

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

edovita
Contributor I

Dera Kerry,

the reason why I'm not using an openSDA interface is because I don't have the knowledge to control by the Host PC, is there a command-line way to use it?

Thanks

Edo

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edoardo Vita,

If you use the jlink firmware, then you can use the commmand-line in the JLINK commander window.

Wish it helps you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos