cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S08DZ60 A/D fluctuating

Jump to solution
jiaqihe
Contributor II

I am using the S08DZ60 for graduation design, but I have a problem. The A/D sample value is always fluctuating,  the amplitude is about 10, and the voltage of the oscilloscope observation sampling point is stable. I tried all the methods I could think of, but it didn't work. I hope I can get any help, thank you very much. I will be very grateful if someone can help me. I really have no idea.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jiaqihe
Contributor II

Thank you a lot. The problem is solved, my 5V reference voltage design is problematic, causing interference to A/D sampling. Redesigned and solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
tonyp
Senior Contributor II

You could average multiple readings (say, 4) per sample to minimize the fluctuation.

And use the lowest clock for the A/D.

0 Kudos
jiaqihe
Contributor II

I have averaged multiple readings, but it works not well. Then I change the A/D clock to 1MHz, but it doesn't work. Is the problem probably in the program?

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just read you have an error of 10 of 4096 (12 bit) ? 

Can you check if you have other modules enable at the same time that you are making the measurements? or if you have noise on the system, maybe you have a signal input in other pin that is affecting your ADC measurement 

Regards

0 Kudos
jiaqihe
Contributor II

Thank you a lot. The problem is solved, my 5V reference voltage design is problematic, causing interference to A/D sampling. Redesigned and solved.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Excellent that you found the problem, let me know if you have more questions

0 Kudos
tonyp
Senior Contributor II

Is that 10 out of 1023 (10 bit mode)?

0 Kudos
jiaqihe
Contributor II

12 bit mode, and A/D sampling reference voltage is also stable. I have changed another MCU, but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Are you using high-speed mode?

We recommend to use low power configuration (ADLPC).

Regards

0 Kudos
jiaqihe
Contributor II

I confirmed that I am using low power mode. And it didn't work.

0 Kudos