JN5168 RSSI package lost,Signal strength attenuation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 RSSI package lost,Signal strength attenuation

limenglong
Contributor II

1. RSSI  do TOF on 25 channels, RSSI1 and RSSI2 send RSSI packets on channel 20.

Figure 1 Figure 2 is a close-up, occasional signal strength attenuation is particularly serious, and occasionally RSSI packet loss,

2.Figure 3 shows that large-area RSSI packet loss occurs at a distance of about 250m.

3.RSSI channel signal strength is always weaker than TOF channel signal strength

Catch16FB(04-23-09-48-26).jpgCatch8792(04-23-09-48-26).jpg

CatchBD6A(04-23-09-48-26).jpg

We don't know when this happened. The previous product did not have this situation and it needs to be solved.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Are you working with the TOF? Time of Flight?

We do not recommend this module and is not supported.

What is the application that you trying to achieve, the RSSI value is not a value that you could take as reference, is not a constant because you will have a lot of noise in the environment.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

limenglong
Contributor II

By the way what do you meaning “ you do not recommend this module and is not supported ”,and our Coordinator is JN5148

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you know the JN5148 is no longer manufacture. It is not supported.

The JN5168 devices provided a TOF module, and also it is not supported.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

limenglong
Contributor II

tks,We used the library files of the previous Jennic company, the TOF is no problem, the use process is normal, ok, let us forget the TOF, you can explain why the signal strength of the wireless signal frame sent by my END-Device broadcast is always Is floating, unstable

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The RSSI value is not always stable, it is not a constant. You will be affected by a lot of factors, environment, temperature, walls, other signals.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

limenglong
Contributor II

Hi:

ok,The signal strength is not caused by changes in the external environment. Even if I put the two devices together, the signal strength value received by the Coordinator will jump or even be lost.

Maybe there is a problem with my code, let me check it again, and you have a routine to send wireless signals on a fixed channel. I can use sinffer to capture and view data. If so, please send me one. My email: limenglong@yiritech.com, thank you very much

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

COuld you please look at the next link  IEEE® 802.15.4 for JN516x and JN517x JN-AN-1172.

I can use sniffer to capture and view data

If you use the sniffer that value is from him not for the device.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

limenglong
Contributor II
I will re-describe our problem: 
          Existing equipment End-Device A, Coordinator 1, Coordinator 2, Coordinator 3.
         End-Device A broadcasts a signal frame received by Coordinator 1, Coordinator 2;Coordinator 1,Coordinator 2  respectively recording the signal strengths as rssi1, rssi2, then End-Device A switching channels with Coordinator 3 doing TOF recording signal strength Rssi.
         The current problems: 
            1. End-Device A and Coordinator 3 communicate normally in the range of 400m. End-Device A and Coordinator 1, Coordinator 2 lost the wireless signal frame of End-Device A at around 200M..
             2. We found that the rssi signal strength is always stronger than the signal strength of rssi1, rssi2.
             3. The close-range test found that rssi1, rssi2 signal intensity will be abruptly attenuated, and occasionally signal loss will occur.
      I have been troubled by this problem for a long time, I hope you can provide support, thank you
0 Kudos