Although I know a LS1046ARDB can boot from SD card or QSPI flashes, I'm wondering if it can boot from emmc instead of SD card.
If possible, what should I do to make it?
Hello JS Park,
EMMC boot is supported on LS1046ARDB.
You could build emmc firmware image with the following command in LSDK.
$ flex-builder -i mkfw -m ls1046ardb -b emmc
Build u-boot with the following command.
$ flex-builder -c u-boot -m ls1046ardb -b emmc
If you want to build u-boot manually, please build u-boot with the configuration ls1046ardb_emmc_defconfig.
You could run the command "=> qixis_reset mmc" to switch EMMC boot under u-boot.
Hi, Yiping Wang,
Thank you for your advice. That sounds good.
And I have some questions for you.
1. How to make write the emmc boot image(firmware_ls1046ardb_uboot_emmcboot.img) to emmc on Uboot? Would you let me know the command?
2. I'd like to make some partitions on emmc, do you know how to make some partitions on emmc from Uboot & Linux environments?
3. From your comment #3, I can't find out the command, qixis_reset, on the U-boot. How could I find it?
=> tftp a0000000 firmware_ls1046ardb_uboot_emmcboot.img=> mmc write a0000000 8 1fff8
2. Please use fdisk command under Linux
3. Please use the on board switch
Boot source SW3[1:8] SW4[1:8] SW5[1:8]
SD card 01000110 00111011 00100000
Retrieving data ...