QN9080-001-M17 (SIP) Module Gerber data

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080-001-M17 (SIP) Module Gerber data

andrew_clifford
Contributor II

Hi, I am designing the QN9080-001-M17 (SIP) chip into a product and was hoping to see if Gerber data was available for the module used in the development kit. I just wanted to get a view of the clearance areas used for the Bluetooth antenna and surrounding board. I know that it is in the user manual, but the complete lack of description/explanation makes it a little tricky to follow!

I haven't been able to find it on the NXP site anywhere, but I may have missed it. Any hints?

Thanks,

Andrew

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

andrew_clifford
Contributor II

A quick follow-up: In my tralwing of the NXP website to try and find information, I came across the design file for the QN9080SIP-DK, which includes the gerber data for the QN9080SIP module. Perfect!

The files are here: https://www.nxp.com/downloads/en/design-support/QN9080SIP-DESIGNFILES.zip 

I found the link by searching on the NXP site for "qn9080sipdk" (no spaces of dahses or anythign), which seemed to do the trick! I think i now have the information I need.

Thanks for your help Sebastian!

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andrew, I hope you're doing well,

Thank you for your feedback, if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Andrew, I hope you're doing well,

The Bluetooth antenna in the QN9080SIP is contained inside the module, and you can find the footprint information, package outlines and measurements in this document. Could you please take a look at Figures 5 and 6, as those show some layout recommendations.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

andrew_clifford
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian, thank you for your response.

Thank you for the link to the objective data sheet. i already had this document and used it for the pacakge footprint (figure 5), but was a bit bewildered by all of the different figures (figure 6 to 14) as there is very little description to go with them (e.g. which of the diufferen layouts is better, or are they all equivalent, etc.).

For example, if i want to use the sort of layout shown in Fig 8 to 10 (center edge layout), can I do this in the corner of the board, or do I have to draw the antenna as shown in Fig. 11 to 14?

0 Kudos